According to Nelson Mandela, “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” As the new principal of Mission Collegiate High School, I am humbled to have the opportunity to work with an excellent staff that “Do What’s Right for Kids.” I look forward to a brand new school full of energy and optimism; ready to face the challenges and excitement that a new school year brings. It is truly a privilege to be part of a community where parents, teachers and students care about each other and strive to build positive relationships that support academic and social growth.
As we embark on the new school year, I want to take a moment to reflect on the achievements of Mission Collegiate High School the past school year:
- Received an “A” rating by the Texas Education Agency.
- Received 5 Distinctions (STARS) out of 7 by the Texas Education
- Recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of the best high schools in the nation for the fifth year in a row.
- Graduated over 65% of 2019 graduates with an Associate’s Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies from South Texas College.
- Named to the 2018-2019 Honor Roll for academic achievement and closing achievement gaps.
The staff at Mission Collegiate High School is committed to provide the students with the best opportunities for LEARNING to “Change the World!”
Ana Lisa Flores